Sonya E. King, JD, LLM – Senior Consultant, Financial Planning & Sales Support at Northwestern Mutual has been elected 2016 – 2017 president of the Society of Financial Service Professionals (FSP) Milwaukee Chapter. Ms. King is a Senior Sales Consultant in Financial Planning and Sales Support at Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company. She has worked in financial services for 30 years, including New York Life, The National Underwriter Company (publisher of Tax Facts reference series), and two broker-dealers. She received her B.A. from Duke University, her J.D. from The University of Akron School of Law, and her LL.M. (Taxation) from Case Western Reserve University School of Law.
Other elected Chapter officers include:
- Kelly Dancy, JD – Walny Legal Group LLC, President-Elect;
- Rhett Holland, JD – Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Secretary;
- Robert Holton, MBA – Cleary Gull, Treasurer;
- William (Bill) Newby, RHU, REBC – The William Newby Agency, Inc., Immediate Past President;
- Stephen P. Bartholomew, CLU, ChFC – Wisconsin DI Center, Director;
- John E. Muth, CFP, CLU, JD, AEP – Northwestern Mutual, Director;
- John P. Pierson, CLU, ChFC – Cyganiak Planning, Inc., Director;
- Adam Wall, CLU, ChFC – Protective Life, Director;
- Peter J. Walsh, BA, JD, LLM (Tax) – Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C., Director; and
- Janet Kratz, RIA – Janco Investment Counsel LLC, Associate Director.
The Society’s Milwaukee Chapter was founded in 1933.
Founded in 1928, the Society of Financial Service Professionals is the standard bearer for excellence in professionalism, advanced continuing education, and ethical guidance for the nation’s top financial advisers. The Society has approximately 10,000 members, each of whom holds or is pursuing one or more of the following recognized financial service credentials: CASL®, CEBS®, CFA®, CFP®, ChFC®, CIMA®, CLF®, CLU®, CPA, CPC, CPCU, CTFA, Enrolled Actuary, JD, MBA, MSFS/MSM, REBC®, RHU®, Graduate Degrees in Financial Services. Active in 125 Chapters nationwide, Society members assist the public in their efforts to achieve personal and business-related financial goals. Find out more about FSP contact us at email@example.com or visit www.SocietyofFSP.org.