- FSP Members – Renew here
- New Members – Join FSP here
- Download a printable Membership Application (PDF)
Regular Member: $35 (Chapter) + $440 (National)
Individuals who hold the following credentials or degrees are eligible for membership:
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation;
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designation;
- Chartered Advisor in Senior Living (CASL) designation;
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU) designation;
- Registered Employee Benefits Consultant (REBC) designation;
- Chartered Leadership Fellow (CLF) designation;
- Master of Science in Financial Services (MSFS) degree;
- Master of Science in Management (MSM) degree;
- Graduate degrees in financial services;
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) license;
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree with a license to practice law;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license;
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation;
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) designation;
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation;
- Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU);
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA);
- Enrolled Actuary (EA) designation;
- Certified Pension Consultant (CPC) designation;
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation;
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) designation;
- CLU or ChFC designation granted by the Institute of Chartered Life Underwriters of Canada;
- CLU designation granted by the College of Insurance, Tel Aviv, Israel;
- Any other international CLU/ChFC recognized by the American College.
Professionals who met the following criteria are also eligible for membership:
- Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial service-related field, such as life insurance, accounting, estate planning, financial planning, retirement planning, charitable planning, trust management, investment management, wealth accumulation planning, et al.
- Is enrolled in an educational program leading to the attainment of one of the credentials/degrees approved for membership eligibility.
- Holds a Series 6, 7, 63, 65, or 66 securities license.
- Is recommended by a member in good standing of the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
Discounted dues rates are available for:
Young Professional: $35 (Chapter) + $220 (National)
All members who are age 40 or younger meeting the requirements of Regular membership can apply for this category.
Retired/Disabled: $0 (Chapter) + $220 (National)
Members who consider themselves retired and (a) have attained 65 years of age and a minimum of 15 years membership; or (b) their attained age and years of membership add up to 80 or greater. A person who is retired due to a total disability can apply for Disabled membership. The requirement for a minimum of 15 years of membership is waived for disabled applicants.
Student: $5 (Chapter) + $50 (National)
Full-time undergraduate students in a degree program at an accredited college or university are eligible for Student membership. National membership provides for Web benefits only. Restrictions apply.