- This event has passed.
Five Sustainable Estate Planning Strategies
July 10 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tax law changes come and go, but clients need estate planning strategies that will endure. During this presentation, the tax law changes that took effect in 2018 will be reviewed and five estate planning strategies that will stand the test of time will be explored.
Attendees will learn:
- The practical impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on clients’ estate plans.
- Why irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs) are still a viable planning tool and what to say to existing clients who want to eliminate them and/or surrender their life insurance.
- When and why to consider adding a family limited liability company to the estate plan.
- The current status of sales to intentionally defective irrevocable trusts and how this tool can work for clients.
- A strategy to reduce tax and increase retirement income when a business owner sells his or her business.
Kathleen Bilderback, JD, LLM, AEP is a founding member of Affinity Law Group, LLC, a firm dedicated to providing legal services to businesses, their owners and executives at every stage of their life cycles. Kathleen graduated from St. Louis University with degrees in Accounting and Theatre. She received her law degree and LL.M. in Taxation from the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis. She is the recipient of the Gary I. Boren Memorial Award for attaining the highest overall grade point average in the LL.M. program. Kathleen specializes in estate, business and executive benefits planning and estate and executive compensation planning with life insurance. She is a member of the Missouri, Illinois and Pennsylvania bars. She is a nationally recognized speaker and author and former adjunct professor in the LLM program at Washington University’s School of Law. She is a member of the Business Insurance & Estate Planning Committee of the Association of Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU), and was selected as a Registered Player Financial Advisor for the National Football League Players Association. She was formerly on the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Chapter of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) and currently serves on the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Children’s Hospital Legacy Advisors. She is a National Director of the Society of Financial Service Professionals. She was named one of Missouri Lawyers Weekly’s Up and Coming Lawyers and received the Accredited Estate Planner designation from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. She has presented at AALU and the Top of the Table Meeting for the Million Dollar Roundtable. Kathleen was selected for inclusion in Missouri and Kansas SuperLawyers in 2012-2019.