The Silicon Valley/San Jose Chapter was founded in 1960.
The strength of our chapter is our robust programming. We provide our members with quality programs, and sought after speakers at a value that is unmatched.
- Chapter Luncheons
- At local chapter events, you’ll have to face-to-face conversations with successful practitioners from multiple disciplines in your community. The result is a bigger picture understanding of your clients’ needs and options, and a personal, go-to network of helpful, local experts to call when question arise.
- To view local featured luncheon programs, Click Here.
- Chapter Hosted Webinars
- Webinar Series – high quality, live multi-disciplinary CE education available Chapter-hosted, online or on-demand. The Chapter pioneered the popular Chapter-hosted webinar which allows for valuable networking and a group learning experience. Continental Breakfast is included and the webinar is FREE for chapter members. 2-3 webinars per month.
- Chapter Hosted VTC – Live Stream Video
- In-person and online continuing education programs win top ratings from members for firsthand insights from top industry leaders. Most programs are approved for continuing education credits for insurance, CFP, CLE, CPE, ICB, and PACE.
- To view local featured VTC Live Stream programs, Click Here.
The Kenneth J. Newfarmer Meritorous Service Award is presented to that member whose significant career contributions of dedication and commitment to this Chapter, mirror those of our first Chapter President, Kenneth J. Newfarmer, CLU, ChFC, whose remarkable career spanned over six decades.
This award recognizes the meritorious service of the individual to the
financial services profession and a firm commitment to the strigent
educational, professional, and ethical business requirements upon
which the American Society was founded.
This award is not presented every year, so as to maintain the
significant nature of the recognition and to reflect the eloquence of
the career contributions of the recipient as well as those after whom
the award is named, Kenneth J. Newfarmer, CLU, ChFC.
2013 Thomas E. Beck, CLU, ChFC
2007 Ross Borzin, CLU
2003 Bob Green, JD, ChFC, CLU
2002 Richard L. Unger CLU, ChFC, MSFS
2001 Raymond A. Silva, CLU, ChFC
Thomas E. Beck & Raymond A. Silva