- To be eligible for Regular membership an individual must hold one of these designations or degrees: AEP®, CASL®, CEBS®, CFA®, CFP®, ChFC®, CIMA®, CLF®, CLU®, CPA, CPC, CPCU®, CTFA, Enrolled Actuary, JD, RICP, Graduate degree in Financial Services (MBA, MS, MSFS, MSM, PhD), REBC®, and RHU®).
- Young Professionals must meet eligibility criteria of Regular membership and be age 40 or younger.
- A person may qualify for Associate membership if he/she is a financial service professional, is recommended by a regular member in good standing of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, and meets any of the following criteria:
- Has a minimum of five years’ experience in a financial service-related field, such as life insurance, accounting, estate planning, financial planning, retirement planning, charitable planning, trust management, investment management, wealth accumulation planning, etc.
- Is enrolled in an educational program leading to the attainment of one of the credentials/degrees meeting the eligibility requirements of regular membership.
- Holds a Series 6, 7, 63, 65, or 66 securities license.
- To be eligible for Student status, an individual must be a Full time student in a degree program at an accredited college or university. National dues provide for Web benefits only.
- To be eligible for Professor status, an individual must be a full-time professor at an accredited educational institution
- For more information, contact the local chapter membership director, Jesse Dogillo CFP®, CLU, ChFC. firstname.lastname@example.org (408)528-7060